We Frequently Write for Leading Business and Industry Publications.
- FEATURED COLUMN: BUSINESS UNFILTERED
- If Your Team is Pushing Back and Testing Limits, Don't Tell Them What To Do - Nudge Them
- Want to Be a Better Leader? Start Studying Bad Ones
- Want to Better Understand Customer Behavior? You Just Need Beer and Bicycles
- Are You Being Limited By Your Mind?
- What I Learned About Business from 'The Big Short'
- Real Customer Feedback Comes From Human Interaction, Not Software
- Why Positioning is More Important Than Ever
- Why CEOs Need to Take an Innovation Sabbatical
- Why Success Can Lead to Innovation Blindness
- Understand These 3 Things Before Crafting a Growth Strategy
- Why Working Managers Don't Work
- What Stops Organizational Change From Sticking, And How to Change That
- 4 Ways To Define Winning That Will Transform Your Business
- 4 Ways to Avoid the Formula Trap
- Why Problems Are More Powerful Than Products
- Why CMOs in Banking Must Ditch Their Digital Laundry Lists
- How Marketing Can Save Banking By Defining a New Mission
- The 5 Biggest Missteps Banks Make When Retooling Culture
- Bad Things Happen When Bank & Credit Union Employees Aren’t Engaged
- How to Overcome the 5 Most Common Obstacles to Growth in Banking
- How Financial Marketers Can Break Away from Lookalike Brands
We also Publish Best-Selling Books.
WHAT TO ASK (New in 2022)
Traditional customer feedback methods ignore two essential sources of insight: context and behavior. These reveal the WHY behind the WHAT, eliminating the ambiguity of open-ended customer feedback—and this requires a different approach.
In What to Ask, author Andrea Belk Olson delivers a unique, cognitive method for discovering hidden customer needs, converting them quickly into differentiators, and avoiding the pitfalls of traditional research.
Olson also details how individuals and organizations can better tune into customer needs by sharpening their strategic focus, cultivating customer-focused behaviors, and challenging cognitive biases.
For anyone faced with discovering what customers really want, What to Ask delivers a concise approach for spotting those unspoken customer needs and converting them into real customer innovations.
Paperback, Audio, or E-Book
Publisher: Ben Bella, a Matt Holt Imprint
Published: June 2022
The Customer Mission
When taking the mindset of "we need more sales", it centers on the premise that what you currently offer is your only source of profit, and that simply more of the same will generate the returns sought.
The customer isn't part of the equation. This book examines the concept of redefining the customer, and redesigning your organizational growth strategy around the customer, creating a culture of innovation and uncontested differentiation.
Paperback: 198 pages
Published: August 2018
No Disruptions: The New Future of Mid-Market Manufacturing
For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.40 is added back. This is why the continual modernization and progression of the manufacturing industry is essential.
This book examines the critical factors to “future-proof” mid-market manufacturing, including recruitment, technology, marketing, branding, and diversification.
Paperback: 190 pages
Published: August 2016
And We Host Multiple Business Podcasts.
The Customer Mission Podcast
Do you truly have a customer-centric organization? Do you know how to identify unmet customer needs? Do you have a growth strategy driven by your customers?
Host Andrea Belk Olson shares best practices and insights on how to use a customer-centric mindset to grow faster, more competitively, and more profitably.
Host: Andrea Belk Olson
Topics: Employee Engagement, Customer Innovation, Strategy, Organizational Culture, and Differentiation
Riveting Exchanges Podcast
Andrea Belk Olson and co-host Desiree Grace discuss the details, strategies, and nuances of business. Drawing from real-life stories and experiences, they discuss practical tips and tricks on how to navigate culture and build successful leadership skills.
The Riveting Exchanges Podcast is a guest segment of the DistributED Podcast (part of tED Magazine).
Hosts: Andrea Belk Olson and Desiree Grace
Topics: Career, Culture, Women, Mentoring, and Leadership
SUBSCRIBE to the Pragmadik newsletter.
Practical ideas and insights, usually delivered weekly.